As of this day, January 16th, 2011, I sit here contemplating writing a book. All my friends have been saying I ought to. So I suppose this blog is my typical, I'll give a half-assed attempt at something not quite what I wanted and watch, it won't work.
I also sit here, cooking homemade vegetable soup, or is it minestrone? I don't know how one would differentiate. My apartment is a mess, but I swept and put away the clean dishes. My grocery shopping is done but I have about 9 loads of laundry staring me down and the kids come home from their father's this evening, for the next two weeks. He travels, a lot. We're divorcing. We are setting the record, in fact for the longest, drawn out, semi-amicable divorce in history. Or at least if feels that way. I'll get into the why's later.
My lover sits in his rather tiny office working away, while I seem to fritter away my time aimlessly. I honestly don't know how he doesn't get angry at my complete and utter inability to manage my time, priorities, money and pile of clothes lying on the floor of our already cramped bedroom.
And I pause now to look back over what I've typed thus far and am certain I have either over or under used commas in a way that would make many cringe and not want to read on any further.
I ought to mention that I have ADD. Not the good ADD where you twirl and spin and run and DO. No I have the other one, the one that makes turning the light off (the one right beside your head as you lie in bed exhausted) nearly an insurmountable task. The ADD where you know you MUST send that bill right away, get to the dry cleaners, put gas in your car and so on and so forth... but can't draw up the motivation or sheer will to make it happen. But you MEAN to, you truly do. That's the ADD I have. I love it and hate it, all at once. I know it has gifted me with the creative abilities I have, but it is the same thing keeping me from doing all of those great things I conjure up in my so called brilliant mind.
However, today is a good day. Today, I made soup. Today, I WILL do laundry. And today, I did brush my teeth and sweep the floor. It's a pretty good day.
thanks for sharing. looking forward to reading more!! hugs/ mikaela
ReplyDelete